APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Would you like the opportunity to explore someone’s psychedelic state through sound art? Are you interested in sine waves, in the form of music or brain data? Then our upcoming hackathon could be the perfect playground for you. Over two full days, we are inviting 5-6 sound artists to work alongside neuroscientists/data analysts/engineers/programmers to hack brain wave data from a pioneering study conducted by the Psychedelic Research Group of Imperial College London, which measured people’s brain waves under the influence of LSD.
If you are:
- a sound artists working mainly with digital data and/or
- a neuroscientist/data analyst/engineer/programmer familiar with analyses of EEG/MEG data or other complex time series data with programming experience in Matlab or Python and/or
- an artist who visualizes sounds, either in digital form or via dance
- interested in the potential therapeutic benefits of psychedelics
- keen to participate in an intense hackathon weekend with in a highly interdisciplinary team
then we think you should apply!
AXNS Collective is non-for-profit, please support us run this hack by donating on our crowdfunding page. To say thank you for your support we have a range of rewards, including the unique opportunity to attend the concert, receive a private EEG scan and of course an exclusive AXNS tote bag!
As we are expecting a high interest in the hackathon, we would ask you to apply via filling out this form:
Application deadline is Tuesday, 28th February
Based on your previous experience with sine wave data, skill set and passion about the topic, we will select applicants by Tuesday, 7th March and team them up.
- When and where will the hackathon take place?
Weekend 18/19th March, 9am-9pm in West Central London
- What will it costs?
Participation is for free. We will provide some snacks and refreshments during the weekend.
- Can I participate?
Please apply by filling out this form
- When is the deadline?
Tuesday, 28th February
- When will I hear about the outcome?
Tuesday, 7th March
- How are the teams chosen?
AXNS will team you up.
- What will happen with the sound art coming out of the hack?
We are having a ticketed event in the evening of 19th March in which each group will present their work in a concert-like performance.